Tuesday, October 9

Trusting Your Fellow Man

Just returned from one trip and headed out the door for another! I had a great week at the beach and leave tomorrow for a work trip to Baltimore. Hoping for a trip to the Inner Harbor area for a nice dinner - otherwise I'll be in conference rooms at a faceless airport hotel...well, I can survive anything for two days, right?

During my trip to the beach I made an observation one evening while sitting and watching the ocean. I saw two couples walking along the beach with their shoes in their hands. Understand, I am assuming that they were not making a one-way trip down the beach. Most people in the remote area of Duck are not walking TO someplace along the beach. They are taking a walk on the beach and returning to their vacation home at the end of the walk. And since I later observed the same four people walking in the opposite direction - I believe that assumption is correct.

Why do people take their shoes for a walk? Why not leave them with the small piles of other people's shoes at the foot of the beach access stairs? Are your shoes so special that you think other people are going to steal your shoes? Short of inner city kids stealing high-end sneakers...I don't believe I've ever heard of rampant shoe stealing. Personally, I don't want to wear used shoes. I don't even like wearing bowling shoes because the whole concept of wearing other people's shoes kinda creeps me out.

So I shall declare to the world - leave your shoes behind! They'll be there when you get back. Nobody wants your stinky loafers and flip flops that are already formed to the shape of your feet. Chill out.

Next I shall discuss people who feel obligated to carry giant purses to the buffet. The world likely doesn't want your stuff either! And when you reach for the egg rolls and your saddlebags swing into my plate of beef and broccoli, it ticks me off.

Hamster beaten....gotta go pack again...sigh.

The cat is NOT going to be happy with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment