Monday, December 5

To Ring and To Sing

I couldn't decide what to write about tonight...I had two possibilities. One was a freakin' weird dream that I had yesterday afternoon. Images include wild horses stuck in very deep sand sinkholes...my brother trying to grill a chunk of meat the size of a Yule log...a sporting event that dissolved between jousting and soccer? Indeed, I believe that dream could use some pondering. But I have decided to go in a different direction.

I just came in from a soak in the hot tub. (before you get all jealous about my hot tub, read here...) And since I was soaking solo - I spent the time relaxing and preparing for tomorrow evening. You see...my friend Belva, my nephew Jack and I are going to be ringing the bell for the Salvation Army at K-mart on Wards Road 6-7pm. But instead of just ringing the tiny little bell that they give us now - we are going to sing Christmas carols!!

So I spent about half an hour trying to see how many carols I could remember. And if I could remember more than one verse of any! I think that an hour will be a long time to fill up - but I guess we can repeat and also take requests. Perhaps I will get Jack to run by the church and bring us a couple of hymnals to help out! Because during tonight's rehearsal - a lot of the lyrics were "la la la la la la..." Especially the second verses.

I think it will be great fun - come by and join in!! Send requests for your favorites! Swing by and see if I can actually hit the high notes in "O Holy Night" and the low notes in "O Little Town of Bethlehem"!

And I've gone to Wikipedia to get the lyrics to the Dreidel song...we want to be inclusive here!

I have a little dreidel. I made it out of clay.

When it's dry and ready, then dreidel I shall play.
Oh dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, I made it out of clay.
Oh dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, then dreidel I shall play.


Even if you don't come visit my trio tomorrow night, drop a couple coins in the red kettles that you pass by! I promise that the money is very wisely used!

No comments:

Post a Comment