Saturday, July 9

Education and Procrastination

I feel the need to post. But I don't yet have a topic. That's the same way I wrote a lot of my term papers. The Friday before it was due on Monday - I would come up with a topic and then drink coffee and stress until Monday morning. Well - Sunday afternoon...I still had to get Mom to go to her office and type it for me.

My poor Mom.

Her kids' procrastination caused her more than one long night (weekend, month...) of stress. Totally unfair. Umm...sorry?

My sister is a Mom to a procrastinating student. Does it help to know that eventually my nephew will write in his blog that he was sorry? Probably not.

Ok...my procrastination is not really a topic you should have to suffer...that should be with a paid therapist. To hear me whine should at least get you some $$.

I'm going to the movies tomorrow. (random thought)

All right...I can see that a worthy topic is escaping me.

Time to spin the Google Wheel of Destiny. I shall now go to Google and will type in the first phrase on the 10th page of the book on the shelf in front of me. Let's see what we get:

well...ain't THAT a kick in the teeth. Page 10 is blank!

Perhaps we shall give the universe another chance...the other book in front of me, page 27, go.

The phrase under a picture of an owl is: Some people say that life is all about acquiring knowledge. (it continues...If that's true, then why do smart people always dress so badly?...smart ass owl)

To Google!

Interesting. The page you go to if you hit "I'm Feeling Lucky" is this. Knowledge in Islam and how to seek it. I wonder what the universe is trying to tell me?

After reading a bit of this page - I can agree with the general premise: Education is a key part of developing the human mind. A couple of phrases stood out to me: Education is the knowledge of putting one's potentials to maximum use. One can safely say that a human being is not in the proper sense till he/she is educated. and Without education, man is as though in a closed room and with education he finds himself in a room with all its windows open towards the outside world.

Knowledge is good. Knowledge is power.

I have often wondered where I personally would be if I even occasionally put my potentials to maximum use. Instead of waiting until Friday to write a term paper...

Food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment